Lean Partners is a 15-year, Minneapolis based trusted advisor to growing and emerging manufacturing and service-industry organizations. Clients that engage Lean Partners see their organizations transform, resulting in professional growth, streamlined operations and increased sales and profits. Our successful approach to consulting is driving our need for an additional experienced consultant to join our outstanding and talented team.
Consultants with Lean Partners engage our clients’ leadership and their teams on development, organizational change and improvement. This full time, senior-level leadership position requires a Twin Cities metro-based individual with significant operational leadership experience, skill with Lean tools, and interest in developing into an executive management role. The position requires stamina to maintain an active client schedule in the Twin Cities and throughout the U.S., with up to 50% travel.
Position responsibilities include:
- Partner with assigned clients in creating a vision for what’s possible in their organization and then crafting and executing a plan to achieve the vision
- Manage personal client load to meet improvement needs of clients, financial needs of Lean Partners, and your own work-life balance
- Document and plan client engagement, regularly updating plan and reporting back on milestones, progress and obstacles to senior leadership
- Engage client leadership, management and teams in lean, continuous improvement and other transformational initiatives
- Train teams on technical lean tools and lean leadership skills
- Provide 1-on-1 coaching to all levels of leadership on how to successfully lead in a lean environment
- Coordinate scheduling and travel to meet clients' needs
Highly qualified candidates have 10+ years of Operational or Continuous Improvement Leadership experience leading teams, managing projects and championing Lean or CI Transformation. We require a related Bachelor or Master’s degree, a progressively successful work history and excellent references. Intermediate to advanced MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project) are required. Along with technical skills, we seek individuals with exceptional leadership, communication and relationship building skills. A proven track record of changing mindsets and delivering measurable financial results is essential.
Every Lean Partners Team Member is a full time employee rewarded with excellent compensation and a full array of benefits. Every team member has the opportunity to grow to their full potential and is supported with ample learning opportunities and authentic coaching.
Candidates applying for this position will be prioritized using the following criteria.
- Living in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area (this is required)
- High energy and willing to work hard in a challenging and rewarding environment
- Mid-level management experience (we are not looking for Sr. Executives)
- Very high level of practical, hands-on Lean experience required
- High level of practical, hands-on experience leading kaizen teams
- Engaging and able to connect with people at all levels
- Highly motivated, with good self-management skills
- Excellent communicator at all levels of the organization
- Strong facilitator of teams
- Flexible schedule with up to 50% travel availability (may be more for brief periods of time)
This is not a creampuff position for someone looking to transition into retirement. This is a position for hard-working people who live and breathe continuous improvement and want to learn to coach leaders to transform organizations. If you feel you are qualified and want to begin the most challenging and rewarding career you can imagine, we invite you to connect with us.
We take good care of our team with many benefits that include:
- Minimum starting salary of $130,000/year based on previous experience and fit
- Opportunity to earn entry into a performance bonus pool
- Full health care benefits with 100% paid premiums
- Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Average of 5 weeks of PTO/yr.
- 401K with a minimum of 3% company contribution
We respect our employees and clients, so a criminal background check will be required prior to employment, as well as the signing of a non-compete agreement.
If you feel you are a good fit for this position and want to work hard and learn more than your peers, please submit a resume to begin the discussion about your potential future with Lean Partners.
Lean Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If your experience and qualifications are consistent with the requirements above and you would like to apply for our Lean Consultant position, please apply online.